Do you use the Windows command prompt often? Tired of navigating to folders from root directory everytime? Here’s a simple solution. Right click on the folder and click “Open command prompt here”. How to get this option? Here are the steps.
- Click on Start button, type “regedit” in the text box.
- Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Classes/Folder/shell”
- Right click on shell and select New->Key. Name the new folder “Command prompt”.
- Select this folder “Command prompt” and double-click on “(Default)” on the right window. Type “Open Command Prompt here” or any other text you would want to appear.
- Right click on “Command prompt” folder and select New->Key.
- Set the Folder name to “Command” or anything meaningful. On the right side window, double click on “(Default)”, and set its value to “cmd.exe /k pushd %L”
- Close regedit and test the same using Windows Explorer.